Signal Integrity & Power Integrity Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Are you passionate about changing the world? We have a critical impact on getting high quality functional products to millions of customers quickly and we are hiring all levels from junior to senior engineers to join our display engineer team.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in SI/PI simulation and measurement
- Experience working with the actual product package/board design and analysis, SI methodology development, and lab correlation/validation of the simulation results
- Experience working with PDN model extraction, simulation, and analysis
- Possess strong fundamentals in 3D/2D EM simulation tools, such as: Q3D, HFSS, SiWave, PowerSI, CST, etc
- Solid understanding of electromagnetic & transmission line theory.
- Good knowledge of high speed interfaces such as MIPI, DisplayPort, HDMI, USB and general high speed SerDes applications
- Familiarity with lab equipment, such as: VNA, TDR, real-time scope, spectrum analyzer, etc
- Excellent documentation skills, test plan writing, presentations
- Excellent language skills, verbal and written
- Able to travel abroad
- Perform system-level/board level SI/PI simulations, implement, validate and correlate to simulation - Extract interconnect and PDN models based on simulation and measurements - Perform time/frequency domain power integrity simulations and validate - Work with multi-functional team to solve and enhance PI/SI issue that affect Desense and EMI
Education & Experience
Min: PhD EE or MS EE with 3+ years of experience in relevant work areas
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion & diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.