Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. Bring your passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Our Shipping, Receiving & Mail Services team supports activities in Santa Clara Valley. As a Route Driver, you will follow strict procedures for handling product, packages and mail, process incoming and outgoing deliveries, track packages, drive a route, and deliver packages.
- 3+ years of experience working in a mail facility or similar background preferred
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with the following: scheduling or calendar software, logistics tracking software, experience with BearTracks is a plus, database software, experience with FileMaker Pro is a plus, Numbers or Excel, and Pages or Word
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective organizational, communication, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Material handling skills, including ability to use motorized and manual equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, and hand trucks
- Requires a valid driver license—candidates must be at least 25 years of age to follow fleet insurance requirements
- Ability to perform the following types of physical activities: lift up to 50 pounds, push/pull to move equipment, bend/stoop/squat/kneel, and reach above shoulders
- Background and experience working in a warehouse or loading dock environment, with exposure to varied weather conditions
Unload deliveries from carriers and vendors, sort material in the warehouse, and load delivery trucks Enter tracking information into BearTracks Drive a delivery route and deliver mail and packages to various locations in Santa Clara Valley Stock mailrooms with shipping supplies and tidy mailrooms Proactively and effectively communicate with staff and customers—quickly respond to emails, texts, and phone calls in order to provide a high standard of service to customers and colleagues Work well under pressure in an ever-changing, dynamic environment, and maintain self-composure and integrity Exercise good judgement, be able to work cross-functionally, and navigate through ambiguity Act as a versatile teammate—be open and flexible to performing in all Shipping, Receiving & Mail Services roles in order to learn and develop new skills Have a “can do” attitude to accommodate for changes to the schedule, including working early mornings, evenings or weekends Maintain a clean and safe work area Complete other duties, as assigned
Education & Experience
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.