Sensor Test Development Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
PPOS-T team is seeking for an exceptional sensor test development engineer with responsibilities for research, development, evaluation, qualification and deployment of test solutions for various sensing modules.
- 3+ years relevance experience in test hardware development/deployment.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of Electrical, Mechanical and/or MEMS.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills for various engineering challenges (HW/SW).
- Knowledge in volume production test equipment Gauge R&R, correlation, failure analysis, data analysis, design of experiments, etc.
- Self-motivated and passionate in delivering best in class test solutions.
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills.
- Experience and background in one or more of the below area preferred:
- 2D/3D CAD fixture design and tolerance stack-up analysis.
- Prototype/Bench test setup.
- C/C++ programming and/or board level firmware development.
- MEMS sensor testing system.
- Electrical and mechanical noise isolation.
Collaborate with cross-functional teams and vendors for HW/SW design/development, prototyping, qualification and deployment of test infrastructure for high volume manufacturing. Authoring fixture design, testing, qualification and buy-off requirements document and ensure fixture are in compliance to all requirements for deployment. Key member of an internal cross-functional team defining and implementing test strategy and test coverage to ensure best system performance. Provide onsite support during initial fixture bring-up, troubleshooting and issue resolutions. Transfer test infrastructure ownership to operation team during ramp up phase and serve as a consultant to operation team during mass production phase. Provide regular update on project status, issues/resolutions and help needed to cross-functional team. Deliver executive level presentation.
Education & Experience
MS/PhD Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Frequent travel to both Apple and suppliers' facilities will be required for production bring up.