Wireless Module Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. The Wireless Module Engineer (WME) will be responsible for driving all RF module and component vendor meetings and ensuring that the vendors are following and adhering to the internal processes/objectives. The position will support multiple product lines from the Hardware Technology organization from early concept through MP. The WME is highly technical and will require management of part revisions during development, communication of risks/priorities (Design/Reliability), cross -functional problem solving and tracking MP release criteria. The WME will utilize a solid EE/RF background to understand technical details of issues and risks.
- 4-10 years of industry experience with 2 or more years of project management experience from early concept to MP
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written, including capability to drive meetings to make key decisions on wireless technologies
- Experience with portable consumer electronics devices
- Strong technical background in Wireless Design, Test and Reliability
- Experienced in setting up project schedules and work breakdown structures
- Ability to travel internationally
You will manage all RF vendors. Track development of milestones from early concept through Mass production, identify and prioritize project tasks and risks (Design/Reliability) aligned with product goals. You will work with suppliers to drive and integrate their deliverables and schedules into the project. Work with multiple design teams to communicate multi-functional executive updates as required.
Education & Experience
Your BS in EE or equivalent discipline is required, while we prefer a MS EE or equivalent discipline.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.