EMEIA Security Consulting Engineer
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team, is in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers. At the end of the day, our enterprise customers need to know that with their significant investments in our technologies, everything’s going to work as promised. We are the ones who make believers out of them. We solve technical and business problems to ensure success for both Apple and its customers. We provide both technical sales consulting and support with a goal of transforming the way people work. You are a specialist in Security of iOS and macOS in enterprise. You have industry experience in securing enterprise networks, and know the value of security and integration in multi-vendor environments. You have deep knowledge with threat modelling, risk assessment and securing access to resources. You have proven experience with strong authentication and authorization policies, technologies, and strategies.
- You adapt to change and find the right path without necessarily having all of the pieces to the puzzle. At Apple, things aren’t always clear but you shift gears and thrive when asked to explore new ground, rather than waiting on others.
- Apple doesn’t cut corners, in products or in business. You bring the highest level of integrity, honesty, and accountability in all that you do, every single day. You are a trusted advisor who does what you say you’ll do – and always does what’s best for Apple.
- You bring IT knowledge in the areas of enterprise application development for iOS, macOS, and competing platforms. You can clearly articulate the advantages that Apple’s native application development environment brings to large organizations leveraging mobility for business transformation.
- You see the world through the eyes of the customer by deeply understanding their business needs, challenges, and concerns. At Apple, we obsess over how people experience our products and services. You not only meet our customers’ expectations, but you exceed them.
- You believe that communication is key to Apple’s success. You’re a dreamer and someone who actively talks and listens through endless possibilities – with customers and teammates alike. To ensure the most innovative ideas become a reality, you recognize perspectives, patiently listen to every detail and commit to what is right, in order to move us forward.
- You know yourself – you have strengths, weaknesses and opportunities - but you also know the people around you and are open to their feedback. You relate well to all kinds of people – up, down, and side- ways, inside and outside the organization. When faced with a challenging opportunity, you know who to connect with and when. People know you as a true collaborator who knows what it takes to win.
- Apple and third party solutions solve complex business problems in simple and innovative ways. You create competitive and breakthrough strategies that truly shape the future. You do this by asking why and why not, both stripping out what is not essential and identifying what is. By doing so, you are able to see what’s ahead and identify trends that will be critical for growth.
- You strive for excellence in everything you do. Due to changing priorities, urgent customer needs, or a final push to meet a quarterly forecast, you face the daily challenge of where to focus your time and energy. You have a don’t give up attitude, and finish, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks. You seize every opportunity and empower others to reach their goals along the way.
- You think clearly. You simplify complex problems and distill big decisions down to their core. It’s rarely easy. Sometimes decisions require you to make tough calls, even after considerable energy has been in- vested - but you own it. You stand by your deep analysis, wisdom and experience to make quality and timely decisions.
We are trusted advisors to Apple's Enterprise and Education customers on Apple best practices to security and privacy matters. We deeply understand security and privacy implications to our customers’ businesses and their technical ambitions. We help remove barriers and friction points enabling customer readiness for our platform. We build new best practices and share them. We work collaboratively across Apple, our sales organizations, channel and other strategic solution partners to change the way people work. We are deep subject matter experts - we consult on the most innovative and game changing solutions for business through the use of our platform and technologies. We build strategic plans with Apple’s and our partner’s sales, engineering, product marketing and quality teams. We lead complex, customer-facing architecture, development and deployment conversations. We implement, design, author and deliver training programs and technical documents both within Apple and to our customers.
Education & Experience
You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience - You have experience advising on technical business transformation solutions for large enterprises with an emphasis on security & privacy, and in particular on Apple Platforms. - You live and breath the latest technology advancements and understand the importance of multi-layer security approach. - You have working knowledge on networking technologies and their security solutions and risk mitigations. - You have security architecture design skills with understanding of specific business vertical needs. - You have experience in working with standards and certifications such as Common Criteria, ISO, NIST, GDPR in particular European security certifications. - You understand the importance of privacy in communications and proven experience in designing solutions guaranteeing end to end user privacy. - You understand secure app development best practices. - You have proven experience with cryptography, digital signing, encryption, and PKI. - You demonstrate strong presentation skills with audiences of various sizes and experience levels. - You have experience in securing endpoints, networks, and systems from internal and external threats.
- This role will work with customers and channel partners across the EMEIA region with a large degree of travel involved.
- Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.