Display Electrical Hardware Architect/Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Multifaceted, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Are you passionate about changing the world? We have a critical impact on getting high quality functional products to millions of customers quickly and we are hiring all levels from junior to senior engineers to join our display engineer team.
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Solid EE fundamentals (analog/mixed-signal/digital design, power electronics, etc)
- Prior complex system design and/or analog/mixed-signal circuit design experience
- Prior knowledge in display and/or touch hardware and technologies is preferred
- Previous experience in system modeling and integration is preferred
- Expert knowledge in Matlab and/or circuit simulation tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good leadership skills to lead multiple Apple and vendor efforts
- Attention to project detail and task tracking to ensure error-free and short time to market products
Be energetic, creative and self-driven engineer with very strong analytical skills and a real passion for crafting and innovation. Envision novel ideas, concepts and/or applications that will propel our displays to new levels of quality and power efficiency that have never been done before and allow more efficient integration into system considering coexistence with other subsystems such as touch. Perform detailed technical analysis and work with interdisciplinary teams to bridge technology gap between theory and implementable hardware, develop test & methodology specifications for both pre and post silicon tape-out. Establish performance metrics and requirements through careful use of theory, models and experiments across devices, circuits, and human perception. Define display electrical hardware architecture including but not limited to system and panel interfaces, integration with touch, power on/off sequencing, display timing, backlighting requirements, connectivity and communication flows between ICs, and programmables. Analyze trade-offs between performance, manufacturability and cost. Deliver high-quality and thorough documentation for specifications and prepare presentations for multi-functional teams and executives that concisely and optimally convey key messages and big picture. Explore new display technologies from electrical architecture, integration and feasibility standpoints.
Education & Experience
PhD or MSEE or BSEE plus minimum 4 years industry experience