Data Plane Simulation Engineer - Cellular
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. Wireless technologies have become a crucial part of all Apple devices that delight our customers. Our devices operate in radio environments with wide range of applications and intertwines different wireless technologies. With the latest developments in cellular, WiFi, and BT, we utilize a sophisticated simulation platform to study performance of our devices in complicated radio and network conditions and gain insights for system design. In this role, you will contribute to the design and implementation of a leading-edge cellular 4G/5G user plane simulator (Layer 2).
- Deep knowledge of 4G/5G cellular communication systems and their Layer 2 user plane protocols
- Proven track-record in SW and simulator design in C++, including experience with simulator frameworks.
- Excellent hands-on programming skills in C++
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art Software Engineering practices and pre-silicon verification workflows
- Experience with 4G/5G Layer 2 protocol stack design (MAC/RLC/PDCP/SDAP)
- Knowledge of current cellular communication standards: 5G (NR) and 4G (LTE).
- Ability to effectively work with multi-functional teams and proficiency in leading technical initiatives across a multi-functional organization
- Good documentation skills to develop detailed component/system requirements, architecture and design documentation
- Excellent communication skills
- Use software skills combined with cellular knowledge to build a cellular user plane simulator for very high data rate applications. - Design user plane test cases and drive feature bring-up and issue resolution. - Work with digital HW and SW designers to realize the L2 user plane protocols with power and area efficient digital implementations. - Support verification of HW and SW IP blocks pre- and post-silicon.
Education & Experience
MS/PhD in Computer Science or Electrical/Information Engineering or equivalent experience.