Software Engineering Manager - Apple Cloud Service Block Storage
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
Apple Cloud Infrastructure (ACI) - Block Storage team is looking for a passionate, pragmatic, and people-first Software Development Manager to join our fast paced, start-up environment to help drive innovation in Cloud Storage. The Apple Cloud Infrastructure (ACI) team builds and provides systems that power Apple’s services (such as iCloud, iTunes, Siri, Maps). We are the builders of foundational cloud primitives that enable teams to build top notch products that our customers love.
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing software engineers.
- 5+ years professional experience in software development.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in software design, distributed systems and data structures.
- Programming experience in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java or Rust.
- Experience in high velocity software development practices.
ACI Block Storage is a greenfield initiative to build an elastic, scalable, and secure distributed data storage system, from ground up. Our vision is to enable customers to run a wide variety of mission critical workloads such as databases, ML, analytics, enterprise and containerized applications. Highly durable storage substrate will offer options for customers to right size their workloads at the cost and performance intersection. As the technical leader of this team, you will lead a software engineering team to deliver high quality, secure and fault tolerant software artifacts that can run at cloud scale. You will define the long-term vision for the team and its services as well as defining the team structure needed to achieve it. The candidate must have expertise with high velocity development practices and have demonstrated the capability to deliver results in a cross-functional organization. This team takes pride in highly collaborative and friendly environment, where engineers do the best work of their lives. Role offers opportunity to shape the product features, technical architecture, cross-functional influence and organizational impact. Ideal candidate will bring sufficient technical depth and software expertise, and have strong judgment on trade-offs, the ability to hire and lead a team, the desire to bring the best in people and inspire others around them. People at Apple craft products, that are not just ground breaking but revolutionary in nature. It’s the diversity of people and their ideas that moves the innovation needle for billions of Apple users around the world. It shows in everything that we do here. Come and join us, help be a force multiplier.
Education & Experience
BS, MS or PhD, in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Rust programming language.
- Experience building distributed software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Knowledge of IO subsystems and performance vectors of hardware systems.
- Strong operational excellence and insist on high standards for quality.