Framework Software Engineer - Apple Maps
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Take time to think about where you are going or where you've been! With the help of our team, Apple Maps provides an incredible sense of direction. Join our team and help millions of developers bring to bear amazing solutions based on our exceptionally rich location data. Our team is seeking a software developer with validated engineering skills to help us create and innovate the next generation of Maps experiences on iOS, macOS, tvOS and watchOS.
- Strong object-oriented programming and design skills
- Experience shipping code in a production environment
- Working knowledge of concepts such as concurrency, threading, memory management, embedded software constraints, and performance analysis
- Experience with version-control software (for example: GIT/CVS/Perforce)
Our team developed the framework which drives the real-time transit features that empowers Global Maps. On our team, you'll be working closely with the Maps Client & Server teams along with many other authorities at Apple to innovate and produce a best-in-class guidance experience. To meet these demands, you'll demonstrate your system-level knowledge to craft beautiful architectures. Maps frameworks are supported on multiple platforms (iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS), so understanding and developing shared codebases between different operating systems is a plus. AS A MEMBER OF OUR TEAM, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: - Partnering with other Apple teams to iterate, innovate, and investigate new ways of presenting data to our external App developer community. - Using your expert knowledge of systems and frameworks to ensure our system is scalable and useable for many different platforms. - Mentoring other team members related to system-level standard methodologies such as memory management, object-oriented design, and production level code. - Demonstrating your current programming knowledge to create, write and lead all aspects of clean, concise, and accurate Objective-C based code.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience will be considered
- While not necessary, the following skills would be helpful:
- - Native development on Apple ecosystems
- - Past experience building frameworks and/or systems