Product Manager, TV App Sports
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Apple Media Products team creates services and experiences across video, music, books, podcasts and news products spaces. We are seeking a product manager to work on our personalization program, work closely with engineering teams to develop new strategies and techniques to personalize the experience of our customers both within services and across the Apple ecosystem. As part of a wider Services Platform team, you would be working with teams across the company to develop personalization efforts that work across services. This will feed into long-term strategic plans and help drive the next generations of our features and product lines. We face unique challenges, dealing with 100M+ films, TV shows, songs, podcast episodes, books, and news articles, which impacts the experience of over 1 Billion customers. Come be part of a team innovating and collaborating closely with teams across Apple!
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in presenting strategies and features, pitching to leadership and gaining support across the company from teams in engineering, design, privacy and R&D.
- 5+ years of product management or experience building working products in machine learning, personalization, recommendation or similar.
- Deep understanding about privacy, particularly around personalization.
- Drive to innovate experience driven algorithmic products.
- Understanding of complex data management problems, and related machine learning techniques.
- Analytical skills in product analysis, insights and performance metrics from data.
- Deep understanding of the opportunities and limitations of machine learning.
- A strong interest in digital media products and services.
- Ability to influence diverse teams to adopt best practices and models, working towards the delivery of long-term strategy.
- Self-motivated and proactive, with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
Work on product strategy for personalization, and relevant impact on search, recommendations, analytics, etc across our services and products. Developing features and strategies for multi-service personalization and recommendations. Communicate and evangelize to executive and collaborator teams. Work closely with data science and engineering teams on research and development for new features. Analyze project performance, constantly finding new ways to improve and apply content knowledge in innovative ways. Design performance metrics centered on accuracy and experience. Work closely with other machine learning and algorithmic product managers to align with Apple strategies. Collaborate with other Apple teams to promote cross-team technology sharing.
Education & Experience
BA, MS or Ph.D or equivalent