Business Development Manager, Americas (Claris)
New York City, New York, United States
Sales and Business Development
Claris, Inc., is an Apple Company. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team, is in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers. Every day our customers create and deploy custom apps for mobile, cloud, and on-premise environments that quickly solve unique problems — even as they change. Claris is an award-winning and market-leading Workplace Innovation Platform where problem solvers build custom Apps for Mac, Windows, the Web and iOS. At Claris, we help our customers create better ways to work. Do you love creating strategic solutions to big challenges? Does inventing groundbreaking new ways to do business excite you? Claris is looking for an outstanding, collaborative and ambitious Business Development Manager tasked with growing our partner business in the Americas. NOTE - This position is based in your home office in a major market on the East Coast of the United States with a focus on Washington DC, New York or possibly Chicago. The Business Development Manager (BDM), reporting into the Director of Global Partners as a Partner Manager will build relationships with existing partners as well as establish and develop new relationships within new partner organizations to ensure the growth of Claris Sales in the Americas. In this role, you will be a great teammate, and define/manage/coordinate the work with individuals across the Claris organization. In this role, you will be responsible for growing sales and market awareness of Claris products in the Americas to prospective developers, and related channels. You will partner with related departments in developing, coordinating and executing unique campaigns or initiatives to exploit specific market opportunities, or overcome unique challenges. You will collaborate with Inside and Field Sales to ensure there is effective engagement with all opportunities. This is a quota carrying position with the goal to increase Claris Partner sales.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in sales, marketing and/or business development
- Demonstrates sustained record of sales achievement.
- Anticipates the partner’s needs and identifies appropriate alternatives
- Observes and participates in presenting products and services that can benefit the partner.
- Initiates contacts with, and manages difficult/ tough partners.
- Establishes and maintains influential relationships at all levels.
- Exhibits solid team leadership skills, with an ability to effectively influence cross functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Possesses business software industry experience; knowledge of Claris products is a plus
- Has excellent interpersonal, communication, and written skills
- Demonstrates decisiveness
- Responsible for a quota in territory based upon sale both influenced and direct sales - Engage and drive with partners in business planning and forecast pipeline management - Recruit and onboard new Claris Partners - Drive Claris Partner events including on-boarding and training - Coordinate and deliver webinars including "one-to-many" presentations or trainings - Attend and/or coordinate Developer/User Group Events - This position is based in your home office in a major market on the East Coast of the United States with a focus on Washington DC, New York or possibly Chicago
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent