Full-Stack Web Developer
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple Pay Engineering team is looking for a creative and motivated Software Engineer with excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills. We are looking for a full stack developer who can build APIs and tools that interact with cutting-edge hardware and other web services. You will be part of every stage of development from concept to deployment. You will join a dynamic team with strong technical skills who take pride themselves in qualifying the best in class Apple Pay user experience. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to be part of a new project and shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every day.
- Excellent Python or Java development experience.
- Full stack web development including web-standards and modern frameworks (Django, Ruby on Rails or other MVCs)
- Expertise in building highly available production services, distributed systems, including deployment automation, using infrastructure-as-code, monitoring, and scaling
- Expertise with understanding of containers, orchestration systems, build systems and infrastructure automation.
- Expertise with Cloud services such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc
- Good understanding of Caching systems such as Redis, RabbitMQ
- Good understanding of Relational Databases such as PostgresDB, mySQL, SQLite
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining RESTful APIs
- Relevant experience with Web servers, such NGINX, Apache etc
- Familiarity with Web Security, Secret management
- Familiarity with Networking — TCP/IP, subnets etc
- 7+ years of industry experience or equivalent
Develop and maintain highly reliable and scalable web services. Build simple and powerful APIs. Understand product requirements, engage with team members and cross functional teams to define solutions, and estimate the scope of work required. Collaborate with, mentor, and influence members within your team and across other teams at Apple. Deliver solutions that can keep up with a rapidly evolving product in a timely fashion.
Education & Experience
B.S. or M.S in Computer Science or related field