QA Automation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what can be accomplished! The Central Quality Engineering team is seeking a mid to senior-level quality engineer to work on systems and processes that will enable easy sharing of automated tests across teams at Apple. If you are a highly motivated engineer with aspirations to build powerful automation, cultivate learning, and lead automation efforts across teams at Apple, we want to talk to you!
- 5+ years of experience working as a Software QA Automation Engineer
- Experience in one or more Scripting/Programming Languages including Swift, Objective C or Python
- Experience in automating tests at Unit, API, UI, non-UI level
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems
- Experience in implementing initiatives across teams
- Ability to investigate, debug and triage difficult problems and independently work towards results
- At ease and adaptable in a dynamic and informal environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed to facilitate close interaction with development teams, management, and other organizations within Apple
The Quality Engineering team consists of automation engineers who work on standardization of automated tests across various organizations within Apple making them easier to share and include in various CI systems. This team provides guidance across Apple's engineering organizations to build automated tests and incorporate best practices to make them scalable, reliable and easy to share. You will work with various development and testing teams and onboard their tests on to a shared testing platform. Ideal candidates are specialists in automation testing and have previously worked on designing, developing and maintaining automation tests, testing frameworks & tools used to automate integration and QA workflows.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience