Test Engineer (Operations)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. With the dramatic growth of Apple’s business, we are creating new opportunities for individuals to work on the most exciting new products at Apple. The Operations Test Engineering team is seeking for an individual with strong technical and interpersonal skills with a focus on test engineering for our Audio and Home Product test line. You will have an active engagement with the Hardware, Software and Operations organizations to drive efficient and effective test plans and processes that translate into lower cost of test by providing innovative solution and ideas.
- 5+ years of technical working experience in both test engineering and high-volume manufacturing of consumer electronics.
- Excellent understanding of electronic product manufacturing, assembly and test processes.
- Knowledgeable in production control processes, GR&R, Cp/Cpk and correlation analysis.
- Excellent data analysis skills and understanding of statistics, ability to present and communicate results clearly and effectively.
- Experience working with statistical analysis tools (e.g., JMP, Tableau or MATLAB).
- Demonstrated great project management skills.
- Knowledge of supplier management with exposure to supplier negotiations and cost analysis.
- Experience working with equipment suppliers and contract manufacturing firms.
- Excellent communication skills with proficiency in oral/written English.
- Shown ability to work independently under high pressure and comfortable working in dynamic and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Ability to travel to the worldwide manufacturing sites to work face to face with the local Test Engineering teams at key points in the product development cycle.
- 25% travel required.
You will collaborate with Hardware and Software design and Test teams to develop and implement efficient supply chain test plans starting from product conception. Own the standardization and optimization of the test processes, to enhance quality and operational efficiency in production. Identify, investigate and validate new innovative testing technology and methods, ensuring that flexible, cost effective (perform ROI analysis), robust and reusable processes and equipment are implemented. Provide technical / product expertise to the regional test teams to ensure their readiness for the new products and in resolving any Test Engineering related issues through the life of the product. Work closely with your peers in the other product areas to ensure we have the most optimal test processes across all products / sites. Collaboratively drive to closure potential test gaps and correlations issues. You will prepare and present concise Test Engineering program status updates to the Exec team on a weekly basis. Participate in product failure analysis and warranty claims analysis.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in an engineering discipline. MS preferred.