Software Engineer - Cloud Messaging Services
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
Our Cloud Messaging Services Team touch hundreds of millions of users across a billion devices around the world enabling them to connect and share their lives securely and privately. We are a highly collaborative team, doing work that is extraordinarily impactful and meaningful! Our internet-scale distributed systems enable real-time experiences with very low latency and very high availability. We've built brand-new experiences on this platform like Group FaceTime, Business Chat, and Watch Walkie-Talkie over the past year. And we continue to push the boundaries by evolving iMessage, FaceTime, and Push Notifications for the next billion devices. This is a platform that solves a large breadth of challenges across identity, messaging, queueing, presence, routing, relays, developer APIs, and much more. Our work is sophisticated, and highly visible. Our team is stealthy and efficient, and we strive to make a huge impact!
- Minimum 2 - 5 years of validated experience developing server software in Java, C, C++, or C#.
- Experience in building real-time communication systems.
- Solid understanding of network protocols, storage systems, security algorithms, and Unix system internals.
- Experience designing and developing large distributed systems and maintaining them in production.
- Deep understanding of real-time and multi-threaded programming concepts.
- Developing application level networking technologies and protocols Asynchronous I/O programming
As a member of our team, you will work and contribute towards the engineering of Cloud Messaging Platform. You have a shown background on network protocols, understands client-server architectures and distributed systems. You will build the server stacks for iMessage, FaceTime, Push Notifications and help us grow this platform to support several new services in the future. You'll design system architectures, specify custom network protocols, and implement high performance code. You'll also develop scalability strategies for applications that support our many business and technical needs. Because we are a small team with high visibility, the opportunities for you to make an impact are boundless.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in CS or related field and/or directly relevant experience will be considered.