Merchant Business Development and Partnership Manager, Apple Pay
Austin, Texas, United States
Sales and Business Development
Apple Wallet users continue to explore and adopt new ways to purchase and utilize the goods and services they need. New services continue to emerge including curbside pickup, mobile ordering, installments, financing options, self checkout, and customers are adopting experiences that make their lives easier. The Wallet, Payments and Commerce organization is seeking an experienced Business Development professional to join the Merchant Business Development and Partnerships team to structure partnerships and strategic alliances with merchant and developer partners in the Americas. Partnerships will be oriented towards securing acceptance of Apple Pay platform features across merchants’ Apps and eCommerce sites. The BD Manager will be responsible for the end to end business development including identifying and screening strategic partners, developing a product strategy to optimize customer experiences, launching new products and programs and negotiating and closing commercial agreements. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience and knowledge of contactless payment processing for card present/card not present environments; understanding of POS, mPOS; terminal hardware and related POS software; application development/modern payment API and emerging mobile payments. Proven passion to ideate, build and deliver new, innovative customer experiences with merchants through the introduction of Apple Pay platform features is a plus. The candidate will work closely and optimally with Apple Pay marketing, product and engineering teams to jointly identify partnership strategies and launch programs that impact core business metrics. Candidates should have a proven track record of building and sustaining strong, successful relationships across traditional consumer verticals, eCommerce open source and hosted platforms, consumer internet companies and emerging start ups. Applicable experience developing and scaling new business programs within digital payments preferred. This is a full time position in Apple Pay and is located in Austin, TX.
- 10+ years of professional experience with 6+ years in business or market development at multiple companies in the commerce and internet segments.
- 8+ years experience working with national retailers, PSPs, platform providers and leading e-commerce merchants within the payment industry.
- Deep experience negotiating business and technical terms across multiple internal and external partners.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships inside and outside of Apple.
- Strong ability to influence without authority, sell concepts and actively drive streamlined decision making across partners.
- Self-starter who works optimally in a dynamic environment and is comfortable managing ambiguity while delivering projects to completion with minimal mentorship.
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical plans across many organizational partners. Ability to articulate the broader vision combined with the ability to understand the executional details.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze opportunities from many angles (both quantitative and qualitative) to persuade internal and external decision makers.
- Expertise building business cases around market opportunities and partnerships - including strategy development, market segmentation, competitive analysis, and financial analysis.
- A deep understanding of product marketing, financial acumen, analytical rigor and a passion for emerging mobile and web products.
- Upbeat and collaborative teammate who feeds off of goal setting and achievement.
Develop and implement strategy to scale Apple Pay features across leading eCommerce platforms. Work closely with Alliance Partner Management team to find opportunities to scale platforms with leading PSPs to drive general Apple Pay acceptance and new features. Lead and partner with cross-functional teams through all aspects of partner and business case development, product requirements, negotiation, integration, testing and go-to-market launch plans. Work with Apple product and engineering teams to influence product roadmap and provide feedback from partner landscape. Provide regular communications to senior management on partnership strategy and results. Travel required, as needed.
Education & Experience
B.A. /B.S. required, MBA preferred