Mechanical Systems Coordinator
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is looking for a Mechanical Systems Coordinator to join our Facilities Team. This person will work directly with the Facilities Operations Manager and Mechanical Services Manager to achieve department goals. Build and foster a culture of teamwork while managing others to perform daily responsibilities. Manage the overall repair and maintenance of critical facility systems and central plant operations.
- 5+ years experience in supervising a central chilled water plant, FLS systems and other associated mechanical/HVAC systems
- Experience with building management systems (BMS) & computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS)
- Strong leadership and management skills
- An excellent understanding of mechanical systems in use of large Central Plant environment including chillers, cooling towers, CRAC/CRAH units, air-handling units, fan coil units, etc.
- The ability to communicate effectively and provide direction to contractors and vendors performing maintenance or upgrade work on systems installed in a Central Plant and Campus type of environment
- Must have the ability to understand the complex various business environments here at Apple and excel in customer service
- Must have the ability to learn quickly, work autonomously, and address any issues that arise day or night
- Detail oriented
- A willingness to provide on-call support in case of emergencies or other off-hours issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Coordinating the installation, repair, and maintenance of critical facility and utility systems Assisting with scheduling and managing the regular testing of facility equipment Perform weekly rounds of grounds and Facilities Review shift pass downs and communicate where needed Providing insight for financial planning, executing, and tracking of facilities operations Plan, coordinate, and manage facilities projects, including Security and Security Officer Request (SOR) coordination Monitor and report on facilities system utilization, capacities, and performance Manage existing facilities procedures and implement needed additional procedures including regular review to keep them current (SOPs/EOPs/MOPs) Review and maintain site documentation including floor layouts and engineering designs Prepare, review, & submit monthly facility performance reports Schedule and track training/safety courses Develop site solutions in support of various key infrastructure and business needs Create and sustain Best Practices for the Facility Team Assist with annual budgeting; both Capital and Expense Receive invoicing and track against allocated amounts Vendor and Contractor management
Education & Experience
Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant experience in the mechanical trade.