Senior Communications Program Manager, Diversity Network Associations
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple's Inclusion & Diversity (I&D) Communications team is seeking a Senior Communications Program Manager, DNAs to amplify the stories of Diversity Network Association (DNA) communities — Apple’s employee resource groups — and engage potential DNA members, worldwide. This role will report into the I&D Communications Team and be embedded in the I&D Community Advisor Team to drive and produce DNA-related content and communications. Working in close partnership with DNA community advisors, the Program Manager will lead all aspects of and execute communications efforts across DNAs globally. They will develop DNA communications strategy/ies, secure alignment among community and leadership partners, and write and copyedit communications. They will develop annual communication plans and run those plans month by month. The Program Manager will lead and execute communications for Executive and DNA Co-Chair audiences. They will own DNAWeb content creation on behalf of I&D, executing landing pages on DNAWeb and ensuring DNAWeb content and roadmap are aligned with the internal I&D website and broader I&D communications strategies. They will join the Advisors and other I&D communications staff in advising on the thousands of communications produced by DNA Chapter Co-Chairs and supervised by I&D. The Program Manager will own and execute additional communications projects on behalf of the DNA team, including trainings for Co-Chairs, leading twice yearly membership drives and will partner to coordinate calendar management for heritage moments. The successful candidate will have expertise and deep experience successfully scaling internal communications, producing critical communications that tell the stories of underrepresented communities across multiple mediums, and writing and copyediting communications for leaders and employees alike. They will be skilled at writing in Apple voice and tone and able to build and send communications using Composer, Direct Mail, Poppulo, and/or Slack. The successful candidate will be a driver and doer who is excited to scope and execute most projects independently while also serving in a consultant capacity for partners and collaborators. Success in the role will require skilled stakeholder management, leading through influence and ambiguity, and driving quickly to deliver results in fast-paced work environment.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills; ability to quickly and expertly draft and copyedit content in Apple voice and tone for employee emails, internal and external websites, and executive Keynote presentations
- Deep understanding of inclusive language standard methodologies with experience writing on behalf of underrepresented communities
- Demonstrated ability to expertly advise on communication practices across functional and management lines
- Success working collaboratively with a range of partners at all levels and of all backgrounds
- Ability to manage competing priorities and simultaneous deliverables across multiple project teams, tracking and sharing progress, leading review cycles, driving toward approvals, documenting results and understand communication and engagement success metrics
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively, have the ability to work a flexible schedule, and adopt change and ambiguity enthusiastically
- Strong active-listening skills
- Oversee communications efforts across DNAs globally, developing and aligning communities on a DNA comms strategy, and managing to that comms plan throughout the year - Create and drive toward a yearly, measurable communications strategy to amplify DNA community moments and perspectives - Partner with Advisors to align the DNA Communities and Co-Chairs around a shared communications vision and strategy - Develop email and website communications while upholding Apple brand and values - Ensure DNAWeb sites and the I&D internal site content are aligned - Partner with the Advisor team to identify and own infrastructure projects such as templates and trainings to improve distributed communications sent by Co-Chairs - Collaborate and advise on Chair created volunteer-led communications - Lead membership campaigns at least twice a year aimed to engage non-members - Produce and be responsible for the production of the assets needed to support each program - Ensure key data are collected, understood and acted upon appropriately
Education & Experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience or equivalent
- - Travel may be required
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.