Senior Software Engineering Manager – Emerging Technology
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Senior Engineer Leader responsible for managing core engineering teams with a mission to build Paradigm Shift-ing, Internet Scale platforms and solutions.
- Experience in leading large technology teams
- Supervise record in hiring, building, managing and motivating core engineering teams.
- Expertise in engineering highly scalable and distributed systems.
- Depth in core Computer Science concepts around Distributed Computing, Algorithms, Data Structures,
- Expertise in Scaling, Performance Monitoring & Tuning of Internet Scale systems
- Deep knowledge of Linux/Unix, Networking & Storage
- Expertise in Big Data Approaches Data and Machine Learning algorithms.
- Background in Information Security in areas like Cryptography, SSL/TSL, Certificates,
- Strong background in Application Communication protocols including Web Services, SOAP/REST, HTTP/HTTPS/WebDav Protocols
- Strong background in programming and programming languages
The Emerging Technology group withing IS&T at Apple is a core engineering group passionate about innovating and building a totally new way of working solutions to address large scale sophisticated problems. The team will be passionate about a wide range of domains from distributed computing, PaaS platforms, Security, Search etc. The security domain includes sophisticated tooling and solutions for Perimeter Security, Malware Detection, Anti-phishing, Anomaly Detection etc. We are looking for a highly motivated leader passionate about exploring emerging technologies to build paradigm shifting platforms and solutions. The candidate should be able to successfully balance exploration of new paradigms along with being results oriented and driving the team to produce solutions that have a large tangible impact on the business. The candidate will need to lead a team of senior engineers and engineering managers from the front. This role will require the candidate to both drive the overall vision and direction of the group and also have a passion to analyze technology problems in depth. The candidate needs to demonstrate deep knowledge in building, tuning, scaling and operating sophisticated Internet scale platforms.
Education & Experience
Master’s degree in Computer Science/Mathematics/Information Technology