Apple Music Operations Specialist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! Apple Music Operations represents labels, music distributors and artists across the Apple Music ecosystem. Our operations expertise drives the development of technical tools, processes and support resources, all whilst delivering outstanding support to a global content provider community. This role requires enriching Apple's relationships with labels and distributors. The individual will have the essential balance of hard and soft skills needed to provide professional support to labels, evangelize Apple Music’s priorities and tools, and drive improvement across Apple Music Operations. The role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most hardworking creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team.
- Attentive to detail, organized, meticulous approach to work.
- Works well under pressure/with multiple priorities and tight deliverables.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity.
- Ability to work independently and self-prioritize.
- Detailed understanding of digital music and video distribution, systems and metadata required for distribution. Knowledge of Apple’s Music standards is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated success developing technical processes, workflows and solutions.
- Analytical, inquisitive, and comfortable working with large data sets to form meaningful conclusions.
- Displays a strong understanding in data reporting. Knowledge of Apple Music data reporting is a plus.
- Experience collaborating and gathering requirements with engineering and product teams.
- Excellent technical and outward facing account management skills & experience.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills with understanding of Keynote and related presentation technologies.
- Project management experience is desired.
- Languages are a plus.
You will act as an operations partner relationship manager, responsible for supporting the North American market, based in Cupertino. Build rapport with key partners and drive adoption of new Apple Music features, identify opportunities for Apple Music Operations, diagnose issues and identify solutions, and most importantly — innovate. Engage with cross-functional teams to troubleshoot issues or develop specifications, product roadmaps and tool improvements. Strategize with the Apple Music business team to find opportunities and develop action plans for growing Apple Music. Train and build awareness around new content and data analytics tools. Impact the music industry.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree and/or extensive years of professional relevant work experience.