US Government Healthcare Systems Engineer - Federal
Washington DC, District of Columbia, United States
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team, is in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers! At the end of the day, our customers need to know that with their significant investments in our technologies, everything’s going to work as promised. We are the ones who make believers out of them. We guide customers on their journey to choose the right technical architecture to achieve their goals. We provide both technical sales consulting and support with a goal of transforming the way people work and deliver patient care. This is a full-time, remote home office based role.
- You understand that in order to be effective, you need to know your customer's needs and their organization's priorities, initiatives, and transformation goals. You focus on discovery of customer details and their current state. You can align all of this information and engage customers broadly — at department and IT executive levels.
- Success is a result of careful planning. To further the customer’s Apple journey, the US Government Healthcare Systems Engineer collaborates with the account team to ensure that the account plans include appropriate technical motions and owns that part of the plan.
- Success depends on your ability to get things done. Your strong collaboration, attention to detail, and technical guidance increases the technical readiness of your customers. This technical readiness is the platform on which your account team builds success for our customers.
- Everything we build at Apple has a story. This means that you can confidently tell the “Why Apple" story to an executive in a conversational manner focusing on your customer's mission. This includes an ability to answer common market, government, healthcare, and technical questions during these conversations.
- You know the Apple products and services at the right level for the job and continuously update your knowledge. You understand and can effectively communicate how our partners, along with Apple, deliver the best solutions to our customers.
- When an approach to something feels too complicated to be right, it probably is. How a device is deployed and managed affects both IT and end users — often defining how they feel about our devices and impacting their productivity. You prescribe deployment practices that yield efficiencies for IT and a seamless user experience — promoting Apple standard methodologies and services.
- Familiarity with Apple's tightly integrated set of programs to enable deployment of Apple products with Apple Business Manager, Apple Professional Services, and support with AppleCare.
- You have a deep understanding of the infrastructure needed to support healthcare environments and deployments on Apple platforms, as well as where our partners can provide solutions.
- You are able to help identify a customer's existing investments, advocate for the best methods and align resources to accelerate their implementation. You help healthcare professionals and customers understand the best route forward, and how to make the best use of our tools.
As a US Government Healthcare Systems Engineer, you will: Inspire Federal Healthcare Customers to change the way people work and provide care to patients. We work collaboratively across Apple, with our customers, our partners and solutions providers to become the trusted advisor on Apple hardware, software and service solutions. Deeply understand our government customers’ unique requirements and technical ambitions. We help remove technical barriers and friction points, and improve customer readiness for our platform. We build new standard methodologies and share them. Provide pre-sales technical support for new opportunities across the US Federal healthcare opportunities by sharing status and progressing them through to closure. We are the voice of our customers and partners inside of Apple in order to share takeaways and successes. Develop new initiatives, programs, tools, requirements, and practices for the Systems Engineers and Sales teams. We constantly improve not only our immediate sales territory outcomes, but contribute and influence the broader organization.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- - Deep knowledge of healthcare industry best practices for IT as demonstrated by participation in Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society or similar organizations
- - Knowledge of how Apple devices transform healthcare through use in the hospital and care at home
- - Expert understanding of deploying Apple devices for clinical communication
- - Possess the ability explain Apple healthcare technology such as HealthKit, ResearchKit, and CareKit
- - Experience working with Electronic Health Records
- - Understanding of US Government Federal IT & Security