Environment, Health and Safety Lead
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
In EHS, we don’t sit back and let things happen, we make things happen. At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The EHS team at Apple is growing, and we need upbeat, dedicated and flexible professionals to join a dynamic team committed to protecting the environment, health, and safety of our employees, customers and the global communities where we operate, while supporting our partners in their mission to develop amazing products. Apple is looking for a collaborative, highly organized professional to serve as an Environment, Health and Safety Lead, supporting Corporate functions in the Bay Area. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of occupational health and safety requirements and workplace evaluation as well as a knowledge of applicable regulations and laws. A consistent track record of effectively interacting and influencing senior management is essential.
- 7 years of EHS experience, preferably in Health and Safety
- Highly motivated and self managing
- A people-oriented leadership style that thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic workplace
- A proactive, aggressive, sense of urgency to problem solving
- Ability to lead multiple high priority projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive written environmental, health & safety program, tools, and materials for assigned buildings in partnership with all stakeholders. - Support Corporate EHS initiatives, including EHS metrics reporting and audits. - Ensure compliance with statutory requirements and work with Management teams to identify and handle risks. - Conduct safety evaluations (ex.routine inspections, chemical reviews, indoor air quality assessments, cross functional partner building audits) and incident investigations in a variety of workplace settings including but not limited to office spaces, laboratories and kitchens. - Manage regulatory agency inspections, inquiries, contacts, and reporting in accordance with corporate and regulatory requirements. Ensure regular H&S assessments, inspections and safety check ins are completed and communicated to the appropriate teams. - Collaborate with EHS team partners on design reviews, construction safety and equipment safety reviews. - Partner with Facilities, Project Management, Human Resources, Security, Wellness and BUs to develop and implement EHS policies, procedures and standards. - Manage the process for reporting, investigating and communicating accidents, hazards and concerns. - Support sites with emergency response preparation, including training and drills. - Participate in the emergency on call rotation.
Education & Experience
- BA or BS program in a relevant EHS subject area
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.