Display Silicon Digital Architecture
San Diego, California, United States
The display silicon architecture team defines the requirements for custom silicon and prototype hardware to enable new displays and new display technologies for Apple products. The team develops a deep understanding of the performance and capabilities of our portfolio of custom silicon to enable reuse of existing chips for new products and to build on proven silicon IP when defining new chipsets. Team members have a background in analog or digital chip design and use their experience and expertise to develop architectural requirements and guide the design and implementation of Apple custom silicon. If you love Apple products, this role provides an opportunity to help define and shape the displays Apple will create in the years to come.
- Hands on experience developing large FPGA and/or ASIC designs
- Experience with RTL coding, implementation, verification, debugging and deployment
- Experience with digital architecture, data path design, bandwidth and latency constraints, memory subsystems, microcontroller integration
- Experience with high speed SerDes, and serial interfaces like SPI and I2C
- Experience with programming languages for modeling and automation
- Understanding of PCB design and technology
Work with cross functional teams to understand display requirements and functionality Architect solutions at the IP, FPGA and silicon level, justify choices to team Propose new features, capabilities, and performance requirements for new custom silicon Write Silicon specifications for implementation teams Support teams using FPGA platforms, ASICs, and models. Use existing silicon to enable prototypes to demonstrate new display features or technology Coordinate requests from multiple teams to deliver projects on time.
Education & Experience
MSEE with 7+ years of experience in silicon architecture and design