R2R Inventory Accountant
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Do your life’s best work here now. With the whole world watching. The people here at Apple don’t just create products - they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Apple’s Global Business Solutions (GBS) team partners with Apple’s business across Greater China, including Retail, Sales, Operations, R&D and Services. In addition to supporting transactional and financial reporting processes, GBS’ access to data across customers and functions provides a strategic platform to uncover trends and patterns to enhance financial controls and compliance, operational efficiency and business insights and performance. We look for individuals with not only solid technical skills but also the right balance of operational excellence, problem solving and strategic thinking to support the growth of Apple in Greater China. We are now seeking a high-caliber supply chain accountant to join our Shanghai-based team to play a pivotal role in building an extraordinary Global Business Solutions center focused on developing a compliance governance framework to support Apple’s businesses in Greater China. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications/experience:
- A minimum of 6 years of related commercial working experience in supply chain accounting; experience in supporting tax compliance around supply chain area is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of supply chain SAP systems is required; advanced skills in Excel and Tableau preferred
- Proficiency in inventory valuation under US GAAP, IFRS and China GAAP and understanding of product costing concepts
- Process/system background and proven ability to rapidly understand, use and drive improvements through new processes/systems/projects.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills to analyze complex information and extract insights to improve business decisions and solutions
- Solid communication skills and ability to work in multinational environments, build cross-functional partnerships and drive collaboration to optimize business outcomes
- “Roll up your sleeves” attitude with a willingness to dive into details to lead changes with minimal supervision
The candidate will be responsible for managing supply chain controls, projects, and accounting activities at month- and quarter-end to ensure timely, accurate and compliant inventory valuation and financial reporting. This role will report to the Record-to-Report (R2R) supply chain accounting manager. - Maintain the accuracy, completeness and integrity of inventory valuation for distribution centers, manage supply chain accounting for inbound and outbound deliveries and billings, and deliver results on a timely basis with high quality - Provide insights to business partners on the accounting treatment for supply chain operations - Advise on the accounting processes for new business models and initiatives - Support tax compliance in response to external inquiries regarding Apple’s supply chain - Drive continuous innovation through process improvements and challenge the status quo to build best-in-class systems and processes
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; Master’s degree is preferred. Knowledgeable in both US GAAP and China GAAP; qualification in accounting is preferred Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills in both English and Chinese
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.