AI/ML - Computational Linguist (Dutch/Scandinavian/Finnish), Siri Understanding
Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Machine Learning and AI
Siri is always learning to speak new languages and provide a locally customized experience. We achieve this by bringing together a diverse team of linguists with a deep knowledge of languages and cultures. If you're multi-lingual and experienced in phonetics and phonology this is an amazing opportunity to craft the Siri experience for millions of users.
- Native speaker fluency in Dutch OR Swedish OR Norwegian OR Danish OR Finnish.
- Excellent knowledge of phonetics and phonology.
- Demonstrated ability in speech technology (ASR/TTS).
- Python programming skills.
- Detail-oriented approach to handling large datasets, including ability to identify edge-cases.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
In the Computational Linguistics Team we design tasks and methods for collecting and evaluating natural language data, and create guidelines for natural language projects. As a computational linguist, you will build out and maintaining the linguistic data processing pipelines for speech technology projects. Your responsibilities will include: - Expanding language support. - Onboarding and supervising linguistic resources. - Providing linguistic guidance and support to language teams. - Generating and processing pronunciations for ASR and TTS systems. - Training G2P models and developing new methods for pronunciation generation. - Analyzing data for quality assurance and identifying areas of improvement for the pipelines. - Providing statistics for the data at any point in the pipeline for reporting and information purposes. If this is you, we'd love to hear from you!
Education & Experience
Masters degree in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, Language Technologies, or related field.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace