AI/ML - Speech Data Engineer, Siri Understanding
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction. Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile computing. Create groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, spoken language, big data, and artificial intelligence. And work with the people who built the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. Join the Siri Speech team at Apple. The Siri Speech team is looking for outstanding data engineers passionate about customer experience, who love working with data for measuring and improving accuracy of ML models in products used by millions of customers all over the world.
- Experience in the development and maintenance of tools for analyzing and processing large amounts of data under Apache Hadoop and Spark
- Experience building robust data pipelines and monitoring systems in distributed computing environments
- Strong programming and scripting skills in Python 3, Java and Bash
- PySpark, Scala, Pig, Hadoop streaming, AWS and S3
- Prior experience working on ASR training and test data sets in multiple languages is preferred
- Strong analytical skills and a passion for data and data quality
- Proficiency in visualizing data and statistics
You will be a part of a small, collaborative team of talented researchers and engineers and be responsible for data analysis, training and test data set creation, and related tools development. Your focus will be on providing the speech recognition team with the best training and test data sets, and directly contribute to the accuracy of Siri in all supported languages and devices. You will also be responsible for building and maintaining robust data pipelines to deliver reliable end to end data solutions to customers. You should thrive in a fast paced environment with rapidly changing priorities, and collaborate well with other engineering teams at Apple.
Education & Experience
B.S or M.S in Computer Science, or equivalent experience