Data Analytics and Reporting Manager - Legal and Global Security Operations
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Legal and Global Security Operations team is seeking a Data Analytics and Reporting Manager to take on the responsibility of improving department goals and performance through statistics, analytics, modeling, and business intelligence tools. This role has a unique opportunity to lead the data analysis and reporting for a large worldwide organization. We are looking for an experienced data analyst who will work closely with cross-functional partners in Finance and Procurement and propose innovative opportunities for new data visualizations for department leadership. You will partner closely with legal and security personnel to implement process efficiencies and drive development of world-class processes.
- Employ statistical techniques with big data initiatives and tools to drive major operational business decisions.
- Answer complex questions through data science, analysis, and clearly communicate findings to multi-functional teams for direction.
- Develop analytics, visualizations and other ad hoc reporting that provide significant insights to the details and efficiency of spend
- Analyze the existing processes, tools and deliverables for effectiveness and ease of use, help drive scalable systems that integrate with other data systems and eBilling tool, use data to deliver a level of detail that helps the business.
- Seek opportunities to improve data collection, reporting and consumption based on business needs.
- Ability to work collaboratively with senior leadership and contribute meaningfully to strategic planning initiatives.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and technical resources across many levels of the organization.
- Track record of identifying innovative opportunities, presenting plans and building support for improvement in processes.
- Strong leadership, team work, communication, interpersonal, analytical/problem-solving skills, and attention to detail skills
- Strong project management skills and ability to navigate and resolve diverse and complex issues in imaginative and effective ways.
- Strategic problem solver with the ability to see the big picture while working with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Independent self-starter with ability to prioritize and respond quickly as well as work under pressure.
In this role you will report directly to the Head of Technology, Records, and Reporting to lead a team as well as direct the data analytics and data visualizations for the department worldwide. You will deliver results by closely partnering with the senior leadership, Apple attorneys, legal assistants and staff, security personnel and several cross functional teams, including Procurement, IS&T, Finance, and the People team.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Business Analytics, Machine Learning, Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience. Experience in the legal field is a bonus but not required. - Minimum of three years’ experience with business intelligence and dashboard tools such as Tableau.