AI/ML- Tools Engineer- Performance, Siri Search, Knowledge & Platform
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction. Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile and desktop computing. Create groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, spoken language, big data, and artificial intelligence. And work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. The vision for the Siri Performance team is to empower Siri organization by developing innovative tools infrastructure, automated data analysis and visualization to improve Siri performance and reliability for our customers. Join us, and impact hundreds of millions of customers across a plethora of Apple of devices!
- 3+ years of experience in developing large scale tools infrastructure, automated data and root cause analysis.
- Proven experience in building data visualization applications with web technologies and RESTful APIs (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Expert knowledge of one or more object-oriented programming languages (Java, C++, Scala)
- Expert knowledge of one or more scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Bash)
- Understanding of large scale distributed system architectures
- Proven knowledge of algorithms, data structure and software development lifecycle
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, excellent problem solving ability and critical thinking
- Strong desire to learn, open up the boundaries, and share knowledge with others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- Passionate about customer focus, with the understanding of business impact to drive the system improvement
The Siri team is looking for a talented, broadly-skilled developer who is a creative problem-solver, thrives in a fast-paced environment, can work well across teams and organizations, and has a passion for quality. We thrive in automation, designing and implementing frameworks and other infrastructure for data analysis, creating tools with sophisticated and effective user interfaces. As a Tools Engineer on the Siri Performance Team, you will have significant responsibility and influence in improving Siri during early phase of software development lifecycle by building large scale tools infrastructure, automated data analysis and visualization to improve Siri performance and reliability. Your efforts will help our quality initiative leaders to ensure the system is meeting the needs, and iterate as well as innovate based on observations and requirements gathering. Our engineers collaborate with many internal sub-teams, such as engineering, design, QE, operations, and product management, and will be working in a heterogeneous environment. You will have experience in developing large-scale tools and infrastructure to provide performance as a service for automated performance evaluation and validation for all Siri teams. If you're interested, you probably are a generalist engineer, defying categorization. Strong programming, excellent problem-solving and communication skills, and a passion to make the best products possible is the key for success in our group.
Education & Experience
BS, MS in EE/CS/CE or equivalent experience We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.