Optical Metrology Engineer
Boulder, Colorado, United States
We are seeking a highly motivated Optical Metrology Engineer to join the Panel Process and Optics (PPO) Engineering team in Boulder, CO.
- 4+ years of experience and strong technical background in classical and diffractive optics, sensor physics, radiometry and metrology
- Hands-on experience in optical measurement systems from concept to market (characterization, test and validation)
- Experience in SW and HW validation
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Competence in data analysis with Python, MATLAB, JMP or similar
The role of an Optical Metrology Engineer is to develop, validate, and deploy effective measurement systems that include test methodology, hardware, software, instrument and fixture design. You will: - Work with the team to support the development or acquisition of metrology solutions and communicate validation data and measurement improvements to multi-functional partners. - Define and document the appropriate methodologies in the measurement. - Validate repeatable and reproducible measurement systems that meets product requirements. - Collaborate across teams to document measurement metrics and specifications. - Tool maturity will range from prototype to COTS and may require a bring up, debug and maturing the measurement system according to the New Product Introduction (NPI) cycle.
Education & Experience
Minimum Masters Degree with 5+ years of experience in relevant field
- Preferred Qualifications
- - Application programming in C/C++ or Python
- - Optical design in Zemax, Code V or LightTrans
- - Experience managing international vendors
- If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you:
- At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. Optical Metrology Engineer starts at a minimum annual salary of $91,800. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Every Apple employee also has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder, because all team members are eligible for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple stock.
- We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being, confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits.
- Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.