AI/ML - Sr Program Manager, Siri Data Acquisition
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Data is a critical component of the machine learned systems that enable Siri to be a world-class personal assistant to more than one billion users worldwide. Leading a data collection portfolio of projects demands an operational rigor and keen attention to detail in order to manage the schedule for the right data at the right time and level of quality - all in a privacy-preserving manner. Apple is looking for a Senior Program Manager for the next phase of our Data Collection Program. The successful candidate will be an expert in understanding data collections and will have a proven track record of efficiently operationalizing and automating high-volume data collection programs. They will exercise their creativity working with the data collection team and teams across Apple to develop new methods for collecting data to scale our programs globally. This candidate will be responsible for tracking, reporting, and analyzing data collection projects through their full life cycle, from capture to annotation and consumption. Strong collaboration and technical skills are a must. The ability to translate complex technical requirements into actionable, reproducible data collections is critical.
- 8+ years of experience leading or supporting data collection for machine learned system, including speech recognition.
- Demonstrated skill delivering multiple data collection programs on time, on budget, and at high quality.
- Demonstrated data-driven decision making skills including experience leading metrics-driven projects or programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across the organization
- Demonstrated technical skills including experience with python building tools for streamlining data collection process.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail is a must.
Day to day responsibilities include overseeing the delivery of many concurrent data collection programs, working with product teams to plan future collections, and mentoring junior data collection program managers. Taking a metrics-driven approach to data and quality will be key; you’ll partner with both our annotation and product teams to make data collection happen.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent.