AI/ML - Data Engineer (Speech Recognition), Siri Understanding
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Would you like to play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction? Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile and desktop computing, and work with the people who built the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking? Create groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, spoken language, big data, and artificial intelligence. Join the Siri Speech team at Apple. The Siri team is looking for exceptionally skilled and creative Scientists and Engineers eager to get involved in hands-on work improving the Siri experience.
- 2-5+ years of experience in data engineering.
- Expertise with ETL theory, process and technology.
- Experience engineering metrics and statistical information out of massive and complex datasets (e.g. Hive, Spark MLlib, Druid, Solr, Kafka).
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (preferably Python) and with developing code within a team environment (e.g. git, testing, code reviews).
- Experience building robust data and analytic pipelines with a keen eye for where to automate (e.g. Oozie, Airflow).
- Solid understanding of both relational and NoSQL database technologies.
- Experience with visualization, data mining, or statistical tools.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding communication skills, proven data infrastructure design and implementation capabilities, strong business acumen, and an innate drive to deliver results. He/she will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment. Responsibilities will include: - Building high-quality data pipelines and speech data tooling, implementing and operating with high reliability and availability. - Developing relationships with speech scientists and engineers, product managers and software engineers to understand data needs - Harden and launch new data models and data pipelines in production - Lead development of data tools to support analysis and data resources to support new product launches - Coordinate the delivery of insightful dashboards and other monitoring/analysis tools - Establish SLA’s for all data sets and processes running in production - Excellent writing and interpersonal skills - Thorough knowledge of macOS and iOS is helpful - Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving exceptional quality - You are upbeat, adaptable, and results-oriented with a positive attitude
Education & Experience
B.S., M.S., or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- - Hands-on experience with standard ASR or NLP toolkits.
- - Hands-on experience with deep learning toolkits such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.
- - Hands-on experience building and deploying production AI/ML systems.
- Meeting any of the additional requirements is considered a plus.