AI/ML - Data Engineer - QE Analytics
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
Would you like to ensure that high quality natural language processing and artificial intelligence systems are shipped to delight the Siri end customer? You will be working with multi-functional engineering, project management and quality teams to help identify product and process quality issues and improve Siri customer experience. Imagine being the part of the team that is developing intelligent assistant which is helping millions of people get things done - just by asking!
- 10+ years of professional work experience in data engineering and data analysis
- 5+ years experience handling relational databases and large scale distributed systems such as Hadoop and Spark along with querying languages including SQL, Hive and SparkSQL
- 5+ years of experience in orchestrating scheduled jobs and optimizing the flow and schedules as needed
- 5+ years of experience in designing a data warehouse over a complex network of data sources that can cater to all transactional and analytical needs of data consumers (humans and technology)
- 3+ years of proven ability to write python code to move and transform data from multiple sources to a data store/warehouse
- Good to have applied statistics skills, such as hypothesis testing, experimental design and sample size determination
- Excellent presentation skills, distilling complex analysis and concepts into concise business-focused takeaways
- Creativity to engineer novel features and signals, and to push beyond current tools and approaches
- Ability to communicate the results in a clear and effective manner to leadership teams to influence the overall quality of the product.
- Comfortable supporting, collaborating and communicating with senior management and able to build strong working relationships through active listening, delivering promised results, and establishing trust.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- 3+ years of experience to work with and manage offshore and onshore contractors on multiple projects/tasks as needed
- High level of professionalism, energy and sense of urgency to “make things happen” and resolve issues.
- Experience in rapid development cycles, fail fast thinking is highly desirable.
- Great teammate with a positive attitude, strong sense of empathy with ability to make decisions.
As a Data Engineer in Siri Quality Analytics team, you will understand the diagnostics, evaluation and metrics used to qualify various products, features and ML models. You will support product development, quality and ML model engineers in identifying the root cause of failures by providing relevant data for root cause analysis. You will play a key part in understanding the points of failure and defining metrics that can track them. You will support the analytics team by ensuring seamless, accurate and timely flow of data from various testing platforms to a central data store/warehouse. You should have developed a strong intuition towards understanding various logs of information and translating it to analytical schema. Your curiosity to understand how the product is used and ability to make customer experience delightful by providing data driven recommendations takes this team a long way.
Education & Experience
M.S or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields