Wireless Software Development Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
Join the Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems (WTE) team and be part of a world-class team of engineers; working with multi-functional teams to drive innovation and develop products used by millions worldwide! Apple’s Wireless Software Architecture team is seeking hardworking, highly motivated and self-directed engineers to work across layers on cutting edge wireless cellular technologies. The position involves identifying and/or developing core wireless technologies that solves everyday problems for customers using iPhone, iPad, Watch and other wireless product lines.
- 4 - 6 of hands on experience in wireless development/system engineering
- Strong Software Engineering skills including design, programming (C or C++, script) and debugging
- Strong 3GPP specification knowledge on 5G NR/LTE Non-Access Stratum (5GMM/EMM/5GSM/ESM/PLMN selection), QoS, and IMS protocols.
- Design and development experience on some of the 5G features like UAC, MICO mode, Steering of Roaming, NAS authentication and security, URSP, UE policy management, QoS flows, Reflective QoS, Non-3GPP NAS protocols, interaction with N3IWF, and SDAP etc
- Thorough understanding of the concepts related to Network slicing, QoS management, and Multi-SIM.
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive with a focus on solving everyday problems in innovative ways
- Attention to the smallest details that are meaningful to customers
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
Apple’s Cellular Software team is seeking talented, highly motivated and disciplined engineers to work across layers on groundbreaking cellular technologies. The position involves identifying and/or developing core cellular technologies that solves everyday problems for customers using iPhone, iPad, Watch and other wireless product lines. This team takes pride in not just coming up with proven software designs but also in disrupting traditional models of the cellular ecosystem. We do whatever it takes to bring user experience to the next level. Our members enjoy the flexibility to work on all aspects of Cellular Protocol software - NAS/SDAP/RRC/PDCP and iOS interfaces, to come up with the best possible solution for any given problem. Are you equally passionate about cellular technologies and have the dream to work on groundbreaking cellular technologies? Then we are looking for you. As part of this team you will impact iPhone user experience in 100+ countries.
Education & Experience
Master/PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Wireless Communications or equivalent majors.