People Business Partner
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you have a passion to help others succeed? Do you genuinely believe that talent is the greatest asset of any company? As a member of Apple’s People group, you’ll help discover and develop our most important resource: our people. Together, we’ll search the world to build our collective of talented perfectionists, visionaries, and inventors. All the while, your efforts will maintain Apple as the most innovative company by striving to make us the most diverse — open to all people, all backgrounds, and all perspectives. And that’s just the beginning, because throughout Apple employees’ careers, you will continue to help professional growth and support them in work and life. Join the People team and help build and keep the extraordinary talent it takes to make extraordinary products. Come join Apple's People team. We are looking for a strategic People Business Partner who embodies our culture and core values. You will deliver a full spectrum of both strategic and tactical HR support and programs to the organization from educating clients on compensation practices, performance management, career development to advising on various management issues.
- Strong organizational development background responsible for Team Effectiveness, Coaching, and Culture.
- Foundational understanding of HR analytics and experience with HR systems & tools is critical. Workday knowledge is a plus.
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Highly collaborative style
- Resourceful, self-motivated and self-assurance to independently lead
- Ability to coach, mentor and advise where appropriate to help employees grow and develop in alignment with business and personal goals
- Impeccable judgment and ability to balance the needs of the company, managers and employees alike
- Strong project management and Excel skills are desired
In this role, you will closely partner with business leaders to align on the People strategy. You will provide a full spectrum of both strategic and tactical support and programs to support employees and managers. • Business Knowledge: Ensure depth of understanding of organizations supported, including key functions and processes. • Organizational Development: Support and work with business teams to understand current and future goals and trends that may impact workforce needs and initiatives. Proactively engage with leaders on people strategy through workforce planning, organization design and structure. Apple Confidential • Talent & Performance Management: Partner with leadership to design and deliver appropriate talent planning activities that will identify talent, leadership development priorities, and succession plans. Focus efforts on accessing development needs, and promoting a learning environment which supports on-the-job opportunities. Leverage coaching skills to assist employees and managers through development and performance matters. • Diversity Programs: Partner to drive diversity initiatives with consideration for talent movement, I&D dashboards, recruiting and representation as well as targeted development initiatives. Collaborate to develop I&D action plans in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders • Compensation: Advise and support managers on local and global compensation initiatives. Competence in interpreting internal compensation framework and external market survey data. Identifying emerging trends. • Special Projects: Develop and work on special and cross-functional projects as identified. • Training: Understand the training/development needs of organization and act as liaison with Apple University to deliver or secure appropriate training to the organization. Author and deliver curriculum for site- and division-specific brown bags and training. • HR Metrics: Use data to develop the People agenda. Track and report staffing, retention, attrition, and other necessary data to line management; recommend programs and/or enhancements as necessary.
Education & Experience
BA/BS or equivalent is preferred. 7-12 years of experience as a strategic HR partner is required. A rotation in an Organizational Development or Project center of excellence would be an added plus.
- Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.
- We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.