AI/ML - Siri Interaction Designer, Siri Experience
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Would you like to play a part in shaping a product that is radically changing how people use technology? Join the Siri Conversation Interaction team at Apple thats helps us design groundbreaking experiences for artificial intelligence. Come work with the team who built the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking! Our design team applies a broad range of user experience design skills to envision, craft, and specify conversational behaviors. We analyze content domains, build scenarios and use cases, define verbal query patterns, determine interaction flows, build design specifications, and write Siri responses. We collaborate with multi-disciplinary, cross-functional teams, with diverse backgrounds in speech, natural language, human interface, server and client engineering, localization, editorial, marketing, project management, data science, and other specialties.
- Experience using a range of design skills (visual design, voice design, experience design) to deliver compelling multi-modal design solutions to systematic problems.
- Comfortable both at the big picture level and down in the details of any design directive and can collaborate with stakeholders both on strategy and implementation logistics.
- Systematic thinker with an ability to extrapolate high level patterns that can be applied across a variety of product areas.
- Experience both using and designing new and emerging user interface experiences that include conversation as well as other interface technologies.
- Partner with other designers and engineers and leverage tools and processes that enable collaboration.
- Comfortable taking large ambiguous projects and driving toward clarity. Can communicate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrate through a strong portfolio both personal and team-based work.
- 4+ years of work experience in interaction design for consumer products and/or services.
Our team designs systems that underpin Siri’s behavior across devices, operating systems and modalities. We’re looking for an experienced Interaction Designer to design and evangelize foundational multimodal experience patterns, UI components, and processes that enable designers and engineers to build consistent, high quality Siri user experiences! In this role, you- - Work closely with the group to identify requirements for conversational experience patterns. - Design and specify foundational systems and frameworks that enable Siri team to build coherent experiences across different product areas, platforms and contexts of use. - Develop a deep understanding of enabling voice technologies that support the experiences you propose. Work collaboratively with your technical partners to drive to solutions that are both robust and feasible. - Work with domain designers, engineers, writers, human interface, localization, data science and other specialties from around the company to develop the tools and processes needed to construct world class voice experiences. - Evangelize your work through guidelines and 1:1 consultations to educate designers and developers about how to apply patterns to their voice experiences. - Advocate for outstanding user experiences at all stages of the work and at all organizational levels.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in design, HCI or equivalent practical experience; MS preferred