AI/ML — iOS/macOS Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Platform & Technology
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Contribute to iOS and macOS directly, with your code reaching billions of users. Our team is building Machine Learning & Experimentation platforms to empower Apple engineers in delivering great user experiences. These platforms span all the OSes — iOS, macOS, watchOS, tvOS and we're solving key challenges with on-device ML workflows for experimentation & data collection. Does this interest your creative and development chops? If so, come join our team! Our work is complex, challenging and highly visible. We are a small team and the opportunities for you to make an impact are boundless.
- You have 3-5+ years of experience in Objective-C / Cocoa
- Exceptional development experience at the application level with Objective-C, Swift, Cocoa, or C++
- Knowledge of Apple’s development APIs (UIKit, Cocoa Touch, Cocoa, CoreFoundation)
- Familiarity with essential tools (Xcode, Instruments)
- You have experience in writing testable and maintainable codebases
- You have excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
You will primarily be responsible for implementing features & building platforms to enable on-device ML workflows. You will possess strong skills in object-oriented software design and programming. Performance analysis and tuning will also be a significant responsibility in your job. You are excited about developing new features, maintaining existing code, fixing bugs, and contributing to overall system design. You'll ship code that runs on the devices you use every day and powers a variety of Apple products.
Education & Experience
M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Physics or related fields.
- * Experience building widely adopted APIs
- * Software engineering in large-scale systems a plus
- * An appreciation how a platform design impacts end-user experience
- * Experience using or working with NLP or machine learning technology