Global Security Information Technology Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We work on many high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business. You will have the chance to network with vendors, in-house personnel, super users, as well as form a dream team of experts for each project to maximize resources and efficiency. Apple is seeking an extraordinary Technical Project Manager with deep understanding and genuine passion for technology. You will have the right mix of technical and project management skills to successfully deliver complex cross-functional projects in Appleʼs fast-paced environment. You also need to exude strong collaboration skills, including the ability to mentor and be mentored. If you are ready to steer high-level projects to success, we are excited to have you on our team
- 8+ years of experience directly related to role requirements
- Extensive experience with infrastructure engineering and project management
- Strong experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting core Apple applications including core macOS, iOS, Mail, Calendar, Office 365, Webex and VMWare
- In depth experience working in a large enterprise, global environment, dispersed teams across multiple time zones and geographies
- Ability to learn and advance the development of FileMaker-based dashboards, JAMF device management systems, and self-service applications
- Experience leading teams of software developers from other teams to aid in the creation of internal tools and databases
- Strong business mindset - ability to grasp business needs, translate into technical needs; ability to communicate complex technical concepts to business leaders
- Proven track record of successfully delivering complex solutions on time, on budget, with a high level of quality
- Ability to travel at least 25% domestic and international
- Proven leadership skills, well organized, assertive and self-confident
- Ability to think in both strategic and tactical terms
- Very strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries and to work in cross-functional cross regional teams – need to influence as well as direct others
- Ability to drive change in a challenging business environment
In this role you will coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work. You’ll act as an escalation point for monitoring alerts and help desk tickets. You’ll take part in a rotation of duties maintaining our global service level agreements including at times 24x7 availability and off-hours responsibilities. You will interface with application owners, developers, QA, project managers, support teams, end users and senior leadership. You will provide technical guidance and mentoring to a small team of software engineers; developing critical system components as well as take bottom-line for the team’s timely deliverables, quality and performance. You will also participate in ongoing compliance reviews and evidence gathering where appropriate. Overall, you strive for top quality results and continuously look for ways to improve and enhance system reliability, performance, and security.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Engineering / Computer Science / Information Technology or equivalent with 8+ years of experience directly related to role requirements. JAMF and/or Apple hardware certification a plus.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, stoop, push, pull, reach and lift as required, on a continuous basis, with items that can weigh up to 50lbs.
- Requires ability to climb and utilize a ladder varying in types from A-Frame to extension ladders at various heights.
- Ability to work extended hours within a Data Center Environment and typically within a heat range of 60 degrees Fahrenheit upwards of 110 degrees Fahrenheit.