Sr. iOS Framework Engineer - SPG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
As a member of the Special Projects Group, you will be part of a team building infrastructure and tools for exciting new hardware that will shape the future. We are building the iOS components that will power exciting new functionality in upcoming products both for internal developer workflows and for the customer experience. You will work in a startup-like environment where products are still being defined and developed, giving you the chance to influence some of the core tools and design choices. You will be part of every stage of development from concept to deployment. If you're passionate about the user experience, want to be part of a group that works on very early stage products, have the opportunity to shape them, and relish the opportunity to deliver the next amazing Apple product, we may be the team for you!
- Excellent Objective-C/Swift programming skills.
- Deep understanding of multi-threaded programming and synchronization.
- Experience in crafting APIs and broad experience in system design.
- Experience in building shipping iOS frameworks, daemons, XPC services.
- Excellent software design, problem solving and debugging skills.
- Experience with embedded systems and C++ is a plus.
- Experience with building Swift UI applications is a plus.
• Help architect and implement new frameworks and daemons to power new functionality for an upcoming hardware product. • Implement features that involve communication over network layers with other hardware components and various cloud back-ends. • Develop software that works in safety-critical environments, and build robust test and verification pipelines to ensure reliability and resiliency. • Build or integrate with iOS UI applications to enable internal testing and validation of the daemons/frameworks you build. • Understand product requirements, engage with team members and customers to define solutions, and estimate the scope of work required. • Create robust designs, evaluate them with various stakeholders, and create well crafted documentation. • Collaborate with, mentor, and influence members within your team and across other teams at Apple.
Education & Experience
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmers. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmers that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programmers vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.