People Business Partner Leader, Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. You are agile, an experienced coach and a trusted community steward to employees, leaders and executives across the organization. Based on the business strategy and deep diagnosis of internal & external trends, you will build and execute the People Strategy together with your team for the Retail and Corporate teams in Canada. You will act as a liaison between Apple’s worldwide people vision and strategic priorities and the multi-functional ecosystem of all teams based in Canada. With this, you will ensure the specific initiatives and strategies are integrated and complementary to regional and worldwide priorities and drive the adoption of a future orientated work environment and engagement framework. With this, you are the ambassador of the global People vision.
- You will lead the Canada People team in a complex matrix and continually changing business environment
- Design and implement the People strategy to meet the short and long term needs of both Retail and Corporate Apple teams.
- Diagnose trends for the organization and adjust the strategy accordingly
- Connect people, teams and organizations to execute the strategy
- Find ways for Leaders to create significant connections
- Create an exceptional employee experience, build a plan for it through data and observation
- Consistently assess the organizational effectiveness of all aspects of the employee lifecycle by collaborating with the necessary partners of the wider People team
- Seen as a trusted and influential member of the Retail and Canadian Leadership teams
- Guide leaders making people decisions and fostering inclusive environment of performance and innovation
On a functional level, you will be a leader of a team of People Business Partners who will build a high performing team with strong business impact and a culture of constant learning. Your work is systemic and uses resources from Apple’s wider People eco system to facilitate and and provide an aligned people vision. You will work as a trusted advisor to different senior leaders and create and implement solutions and recommendations in the People space. You are essential in building leadership capabilities and supporting the leaders in creating a culture, the organization, leadership styles and the inclusive environment necessary for people at Apple to do the best work of their life. Position a business in the wider context: understands internal & external business operations and accurately anticipates risks, creating strategy that shapes the future of the organization and identifies problems that are central to the strategy Establish relationships of trust by having a proactive point of view by showing a genuine interest in others, acting with appropriate balance of confidence and humility, learning from both successes and failures, demonstrating personal integrity and ethics, earning trust through results, framing complex ideas in simple and useful ways, persisting through adverse circumstances and having a history of delivering results Manage and maximize the ideas and outcomes that may be inherently in opposition of each other: effectively handling the tension between high level strategic issues and operational results, between internal focus on employees and external focus on customers, between taking time to capture information and making timely decisions, between the need for change (flexibility) and stability (standardization) Developing Talent: developing people to meet both their career goals and the organizational goals; placing a high priority on developing others; developing others through mentoring, feedback, exposure and stretch assignments; encouraging people to continuously learn and develop Building Effective Teams: building strong teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals. Forming a team with appropriate and diverse mix of styles, perspectives, and experience. Establishing common objectives and a shared mindset. Creating a feeling of belonging and a solid team morale. Developing open dialogue and collaboration amongst the team Collaborates: building partnerships and working synergically to meet shared objectives. Representing own interests while being fair to others and their areas. Partnering with other teams to get work done. Gaining trust and support of others. Crediting others for their contributions and accomplishments
Education & Experience
- Know People: needs to know people (individuals across all levels and organizations) knowing what drives, motivates or derails them and takes this further to quickly establish trust and be able to help push the organization in a direction that makes sense for all of Apple
- See around corners: the ability to keep one eye on the future of an organization while handling the myriad demands of the present
- Approach problems flexibly: navigates between challenging initiatives, responsibilities or priorities, assesses the situation, considers the varied needs or requirements and generates and range of solutions-sometimes by helping others to reformulate the problem statement in a broader context
- Drive what matters: knows what matters, continuously aims to get (and keep) others focused on the right strategies and goals. That also includes being engaged in a recurrent campaign to connect People initiatives to strategic objectives
- Stay curious: demonstrates a deep curiosity about the untold or undiscovered story, asks her/himself and others questions about what factors influence outcomes, what things are overlooked, what assumptions might be wrong and what’s happening under the surface. S/he draws others into the conversation and helps Leaders ask astute questions about their own team
- The PBP Leader has strong leadership skills, is agile to adjust to other people’s needs and achieves impact through others
- Resilient and determined; ensures initiatives achieve their full benefit
- A flexible attitude and an attitude to roll up sleeves
- Flexibility for frequent overnight travel required.