Server-Side Software Engineer – ACS Enterprise
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Enterprise team is looking for innovative and passionate server engineers to contribute to our Enterprise platform, as best seen in Apple School Manager and Apple Business Manager. Our team’s mission is simple: help people work together—and with our devices—at scale, whether that means a school district, a small business, or a Fortune 500 company. We’ve got big ambitions and your work will be instrumental to realizing them and delivering great products to our users. As a Backend Engineer you will contribute to the services powering Apple Enterprise products and systems. You will implement complex software in accordance with project requirements, design, and Apple’s commitment to privacy and security. This is a highly collaborative and dynamic role that works daily with product managers to ship high impact features, at a fast pace to delight our customers. You can learn more about the products our team produces at: https://www.apple.com/business/ https://school.apple.com (https://school.apple.com/) https://business.apple.com (https://business.apple.com/)
- Demonstrated track record in building and shipping microservice-based SaaS applications
- Expert in Go or similar experience in other backend languages, with a willingness to learn Go
- Able to design elegant, performant, and scalable solutions that allow us to bring great products to market efficiently and reliably
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment where priorities may change as new opportunities to innovate arise
- Strong sense of ownership and drives clarity and alignment for the entire team
- Exercises direct and timely communication to surface opportunity and risk to teammates
- Experience with technologies such as Cassandra, Redis, Kafka, Kubernetes
Consider joining our team and crafting the software for some of our most exciting products and services. We are looking for a deeply capable engineer who has a strong background in web services development and who has built high-performance, scalable, and extensible systems. You will have the opportunity to work with other teams from across the company, across a variety of disciplines, while delivering functionality that millions of our customers depend on. We are dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic team that reflects the multicultural variety of our customers.
Education & Experience
- Strong CS fundamentals are essential. Whether you have a traditional CS degree or learned some other way, we’d love to talk with you! - 5+ years of developing web services in a professional environment, or equivalent experience
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace