Sr. Tools and Automation Engineer - SPG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
As an engineer in the Special Projects Group, you will be part of a team building infrastructure and tools for exciting new technologies that will shape the future. We build product tools that enable control and testing of new hardware, tools for enhancing developer workflows, and automation pipelines for product development. You will work in a startup-like environment where products are still being defined and developed, giving you the chance to influence some of the core tools used by the project. You will be part of every stage of development from concept to deployment. If you're passionate about the user experience, want to be part of a group that works on very early stage products, have the opportunity to shape them, and enjoy crafting robust, scalable, and maintainable services, we may be the team for you!
- Excellent C/C++ and Python programming skills.
- Excellent software design, problem solving and debugging skills.
- Good understanding of macOS/Linux system development.
- Experience with building automation tools for hardware test/verification.
- Comfortable working with hardware.
- Objective-C/Swift application development is a plus.
- Experience with embedded systems is a plus.
• Build and maintain tools for interacting with hardware and visualizing data outputs. • Create cross platform (macOS and Linux) CLIs and UIs. • Engage with core operating system developers to build automation and simplify developer workflows. • Develop a deep understanding of the product to enable rapid development of product tooling. • Understand product requirements, engage with team members and customers to define solutions, and estimate the scope of work required • Collaborate with, mentor, and influence members within your team and across other teams at Apple. • Deliver solutions that can keep up with a rapidly evolving product in a timely fashion
Education & Experience
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmers. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmers that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programmers vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.