Machine Learning Engineer - Camera Algorithm
Beijing, Beijing, China
Machine Learning and AI
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. The computer vision algorithm engineer will work in a dynamic team as part of the Video Computer Vision org which develops on-device computer vision and machine perception technologies across Apple’s products. We balance research and product to deliver the highest quality, state-of-the-art experiences, innovating through the full stack, and partnering with cross-functional teams to influence what brings our vision to life and into customers hands!
- Excellent skills and proven track record in analysis of complex multi-sensor and compute constraint platforms as well as optimizing and balancing implementation efforts for multiple stakeholders/ competing requirements and identifying bottlenecks in the design phase
- Strong knowledge of the state-of-the-art in 3D computer vision algorithms and techniques with a solid understanding of underlaying sensing technologies
- Deep understanding of algorithms and workflows, in particular working with visual data
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills
- Solid understanding of state-of-the-art capabilities and design of sensing and compute architectures
- Track record of designing complex computer vision sensing HW and SW architectures is a big plus
- Experience in recruiting and managing technical team, including coaching, performance people management is a big plus
We are looking for highly motivated machine learning engineer in the following topics: - 3D reconstruction, object and motion detection, tracking and classification, object recognition
Education & Experience
A master's degree or higher (or equivalent industry experience) in computer vision, or related fields. (Keywords: 3D CVML; on-device with compute constraint; CVML SW architecture)
- Experience with camera hardware/firmware, computational photography, and related machine learning technologies.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.