ML and Data Infrastructure Lead Engineer - SPG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
As an engineer in the Special Projects Group, you will be part of a team building infrastructure and tools for exciting new technologies that will shape the future. You will work in a startup-like environment where products are still being defined and developed, giving you the chance to influence some of the core tools used by the project. You will be part of every stage of development from concept to deployment. We are looking for an senior engineer to architect, build and scale a robust ecosystem for data processing and distributed computation. Specifically you will develop solutions that will orchestrate and support the seamless transitioning of petabytes of data through various stages like ingestion, indexing/mining, transformation, machine learning and algorithm validation.
- You have hands-on experience in building distributed systems, including real-time streaming and batch data processing
- You are proficient in multiple programming languages relevant for such systems (e.g. Python, C++, Go, Java)
- You know what it takes to deploy and operate high availability production systems in the cloud
- You have experience designing service-oriented architectures and leveraging various data stores technologies (blob, NoSQL, and relational)
- You have experience with cloud computing platform like AWS, GCP and Azure
• Develop and scale a data processing platform using the latest open-source technologies • Develop platforms that enable researchers and developers to run machine learning jobs in the cloud easily • Define a consistent continuous integration/deployment model that will encourage cross-functional development teams to self-service application unit testing, deployment and operations • Influence and lead cross-functional initiatives that will align the team towards commonly used technologies and methodologies
Education & Experience
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmers. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmers that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programmers vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.