Environment, Health and Safety Lead - Industrial Hygiene
Austin, Texas, United States
This position is responsible for providing a central resource to building occupant groups for environmental, health and safety support at Apple Austin sites. Key responsibility for leading industrial hygiene programs to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to indoor air quality, hearing conservation, respiratory protection, lead safety, chemical hygiene, industrial hygiene, emergency response, radiation safety, and collaboration on laboratory and equipment safety and design reviews. This position reports to the EHS Manager for Apple Austin Sites.
- 7+ years EHS experience
- Knowledge of applicable EHS regulations and standards
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to influence without authority
- Able to work independently
Provide or arrange for all EHS services for the facility, including but not limited to: • Training • Personal protective equipment • Hazard assessments • Incident investigations • Workplace safety inspections • Chemical review • Management of change • Assist with the implementation of EHS programs and initiatives to building business units • Emergency response, including after-hours on-call coverage • Regulated waste disposal • Develop and implement written environmental, health & safety programs, tools, and materials for the facility • Maintain positive relationships with EHS regulatory agencies for the facility and manage permits, regulatory inspections, and incident reporting • Partner with various site departments, including Facilities, Project Management, Human Resources, Security, Hardware Engineering, and Wellness • Support Corporate EHS initiatives, including EHS metrics reporting and audits
Education & Experience
• Relevant technical certification (CSP, CIH, REA, etc.) preferred • BA or BS program in a relevant EHS subject area; Master’s degree preferred
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.