Machine Learning / AI Pro Workflow Engineer
Portland, Oregon, United States
Help shape the future of the Mac in the creative market. The Pro Workflow team is seeking an engineer with experience in AI & Machine Learning to join a team of Performance Architects and Workflow Content experts to build out workflows and then analyze performance and usability from hardware to OS to drivers to applications software to inform HW & SW system architecture, OS development and 3rd party software.
- 5-10 years experience
- Experience with one or more deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, or PyTorch.
- Performance analysis and debug experience from application software to OS and driver SW to HW
- Experience implementing Machine Learning capability within a professional content creation tool or context such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Foundry Nuke, Autodesk Maya/Flame/Arnold, SideFX Houdini, or similar in-house toolchain.
- Knowledge of operating system fundamentals, graphics driver software and software development
- Knowledge of one or more of OpenCL, CUDA, SysCL, Metal
- Bonus qualifications
- Experience with System & CPU & GPU performance analysis tools (i.e. VTune, Windows Performance Analyzer, Nsight, GPA, etc)
- Knowledge of CoreML
- System and Computer architecture knowledge, including multi-core/multi-threading & SIMD technologies
- Familiarity with modern Gfx API’s: OpenGL, DX9+, Metal, Vulkan
- Knowledge of VFX reference platform and associated projects/technologies
This will include, but is not limited to, the evaluation of system and device level characteristics from low level device metrics (e.g. throughput, latency, caching/paging behaviors, power/efficiency, etc.) in the presence of operating systems, compiler, power management, and software interactions that ultimately determine the user’s experience on a Mac. The architect will identify performance bottlenecks, inefficiencies, and architectural improvement areas in hardware and software, and work with internal teams and external software vendors on addressing and taking advantage of them. You are passionate and have experience developing or working on Machine Learning use cases with in the context of professional content creation on such tools as Maya, Houdini, Nuke, Premiere Pro, Media Composer, Pro tools, Cubase or similar in house tools in production contexts is desired. The job will entail close interaction with third party software development as well as hardware/silicon vendors. The architect will be responsible for clear and concise reporting of performance, efficiency, architecture, micro-architecture, and implementation analysis of both hardware and software to engineering teams as well as upper management.
Education & Experience
MS/PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, similar degrees or commensurate experience