AR/VR Research Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Our team is looking for an interdisciplinary AR/VR Research Engineer with expertise in applying state-of-the-art research. The ideal candidate will have a history building software tools, libraries, and applications that intersects scientific research and product development.
- Experience building immersive 3D applications or prototypes in a variety of game engines (Unity, Unreal, Godot, etc).
- Two or more years of experience writing efficient, elegant, and reusable code in an application programming language (Swift, C#, C++)
- One or more years of experience with a systems programming langauge (C, C++, Objective-C, or Rust).
- Solid software engineering skills beyond coding, including source control, unit testing, debugging, documentation, continuous integration, and build systems.
- Self-directed with the ability to collaborate across the organization to understand priorities, deliverables, and deadlines.
- Experience gathering multimodal sensor data & implementing development and debugging tools. (Preferred)
- Knowledge of qualitative & quantitative techniques in user research (e.g. subjective assessments and objective statistical measures) Preferred
- Fluent in trends & technology across the spatial computing (AR/VR/MR/XR) space. (Preferred)
This is a hands-on interdisciplinary development role that will require you to be versatile across a variety of tasks in a highly collaborative and focused environment. You will work closely with scientists, engineers, and designers to build world-class technology at Apple. You will have the following responsibilities: Implement 3D experiences that enable scientific research. Sensor data collection and analysis. Develop, maintain, and support software libraries and tools. Technical resource on laboratory equipment setup and maintenance.
Education & Experience
Undergraduate or graduate degree OR equivalent experience