AR/VR Research Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
The Technology Development Group (TDG) is looking for an interdisciplinary AR/VR Research Engineer with expertise in applying state-of-the-art research. The ideal candidate will have a history building software tools, libraries, and applications that intersects scientific research and product development.
- 2 - 4 years of experience writing efficient, elegant, and reusable code in Swift or Objective-C using Apple APIs including ARKit, UIKit, SceneKit, ModelKit, CoreMotion, CoreML, etc.
- 2 - 4 years of experience with native software engineering stacks (C/C++/Rust).
- Experience building 3D applications in a variety of immersive engines (Unity/Unreal).
- Familiar with the product development lifecycle and productizing research algorithms.
- Experience gathering multimodal sensor data & implementing development and debugging tools.
- Excellent software engineering skills beyond coding, including source control, unit testing, debugging, documentation, continuous integration & build trains.
- Self-directed with the ability to collaborate across the organization to understand priorities, deliverables, and deadlines.
- Knowledge of qualitative & quantitative techniques in user research (e.g. subjective assessments and objective statistical measures)
- Familiarity in real-time time-series signal processing & DSP fundamentals with some competence in modern machine learning pipelines.
- Ideally fluent in trends & technology across the spatial computing space.
This is a hands-on interdisciplinary development role that will require you to be versatile across a variety of tasks in a highly collaborative and focused environment. You will work closely with scientists, engineers, and designers to build world-class technology at Apple. You will have the following responsibilities: Implement 3D experiences that enable scientific research. Multimodal sensor data collection and analysis. Develop, maintain, and support software libraries and tools. Implement or port real-time algorithms to a variety of devices and platforms in order to support product development.
Education & Experience
BS / MS / PhD in Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, Human Computer Interaction OR equivalent degree OR equivalent experience