Senior AR/VR UX Prototyper
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
The Technology Development Group (TDG) delivers breakthrough developments in augmented and virtual reality. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated history bringing new ideas to life as interactive, high-fidelity prototypes. The candidate will be a critical contributor on an interdisciplinary team of highly-specialized researchers and engineers. Creativity is at the heart of this position. We are excited about applicants with backgrounds as creative technologists, UX or product design prototypers, technical artists, or application developers working in AR/VR. This role operates in concert with research scientists to build experiments that help Apple shape the future of human-computer interaction. As a key member of this team, you will have a unique and impactful opportunity to prototype ideas for future products in collaboration with a world-class group of researchers.
- Industry experience building immersive 3D applications, prototypes, and simulations in a variety of game engines (Unity, Unreal, Godot, etc).
- Five or more years writing efficient and reusable code in an application programming language (Swift, C#, C++, etc).
- One or more years with a systems programming language (C, C++, Objective-C, Rust, etc).
- Software engineering skills beyond coding: source control, unit testing, debugging, documentation, continuous integration, and build systems.
- Self-directed with the ability to collaborate across the organization to gather consensus on ideas, priorities, deliverables, and deadlines.
- (Preferred) Experience collecting multimodal sensor data or instrumenting prototypes for analysis.
- (Preferred) Knowledge of qualitative & quantitative techniques in user research (e.g. subjective assessments and objective statistical measures).
- (Preferred) Fluent in trends & technologies across the spatial computing (AR/VR/MR/XR) space.
The Technology Development Group is responsible for many of the key technologies in ARKit, RealityKit, and beyond. You’ll be working on research that powers delightful user experiences across a range of use-cases, crafting ideas that turn science fiction into reality. We are looking for an experienced, versatile individual contributor with the following responsibilities: implementing 3D experiences to enable scientific research, building data collection and analysis pipelines, maintaining software libraries and tools, and acting as a team-wide resource on laboratory equipment setup and maintenance.
Education & Experience
Undergraduate or graduate degree OR equivalent experience