Mixed Signal Circuit Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity for a results-oriented and extraordinarily hardworking PHY circuit designer. As a member of our multifaceted group, you will have the unique and great opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day! In this role, we are the center of a PHY design effort collaborating with architecture, CAD, timing and logic design teams, with a critical impact on delivering best in class PHY designs. You will be required to do physical designs of industry leading PHY design. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in Circuit Design experience on high performance PHY Circuit designs.
- Knowledge about industry standards and practices in SPICE Experience in developing and implementing Circuit specifications
- Proven understanding of all aspects of Circuit Design of PHY. IO's, DLLs, RX, TX etc.
- Deep knowledge of Basic SoC Architecture and HDL languages like Verilog to be able to collaborate with logic design team
- Solid understanding of Extraction and STA methodology and tools Good understanding of Circuit Verification tools like EMIR, Noise, SigEM, clocks etc.
- Generate block/chip level spec for circuits. Work with the layout team to come up with efficient layout design for the circuits including floor plan, pin placement and power grid etc.
- Develop and validate high performance Circuit requirements using SPICE. Perform block level verification to close the design to meet timing, area and power constraints.
- Implement ECOs to fix timing, noise and EM IR violations when needed.
- Participate in establishing CAD and physical design methodologies for correct by construction designs.
As a Circuit Design engineer, you will be involved with all phases of design of high performance PHY design from architectural concept to delivery of our final GDSII.
Education & Experience
MSEE preferred. BSEE and 5 years of experience required. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.