Power & Performance Hardware Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you highly detailed and skilled at developing creative solutions? Do you love controlling even the smallest details to craft highly organized structures? In this role, you will work with a team to provide power and performance data and inform future direction. This work is a vital component of the quality and efficiency of Apple’s future products. Join this group, and you’ll have a direct impact on the technology that shapes Apple’s customer experiences. Together, our work will be the reason millions of customers feel they can trust their devices every single day. Apple’s Platform Architecture group is looking for a motivated engineer with a strong background in SoC level power and performance measurements and analysis. The candidate must be self-driven with initiative and passion for accurate data gathering and analysis. The candidate must have experience in instrumenting platforms and SoCs for power measurement, gathering performance and power data across a multitude of workloads, and have a good understanding of basic computer system architecture.
- Identifying, scoping and performing necessary reworks to enable fine grained power measurements on commercial samples
- Disassembling/reassembling of consumer devices while preserving functionality and thermal properties
- Gathering performance and power data across a broad range of devices/components including phones, tablets and personal computers, with a focus on accuracy
- Understanding expected workload behavior as well as impacts of other system level effects like thermals
- EE fundamentals including Ohm’s law
The candidate will perform power instrumentations and gather performance and power data on shipping products and work with a team to communicate findings and inform further actions.
Education & Experience
BS in EE or CE or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with modern consumer electronics devices and SoCs
- Familiarity with commonly used workloads for performance measurement
- Good debugging and troubleshooting skills on desktop and mobile devices
- Some scripting knowledge